Plan now for spring
February 19th, 2021
After the recent deep freeze, it’s hard to believe that spring is just a month away. While you’re staying warm indoors, it’s a good time to plan your landscape for warmer months. Demand is high and we are already booking up, so get on our calendars now.
- Schedule services that you will not do yourself. These include spring activation of the sprinkler system, getting the lawnmower in the shop for maintenance and blade sharpening and aeration of the lawn.
- Consider pruning. Consult our team about maintenance on dormant trees that could prepare them to better withstand spring weather events. [NOTE: Do NOT prune any spring-flowering trees, shrubs or perennials. Fruit trees, crabapple trees and lilac are all in this do-not-touch category.]
- If you are planning to renovate or do upgrades in your yard, schedule a time to meet with our designer's asap so that the work can be scheduled and underway as soon as possible.
- Review last year's garden plan and revise this year's plan accordingly. Rotate crops such as corn that need to be moved to new locations and make sure plants that love one another such as basil and tomatoes will be planted next to one another.
- Get online and order seeds in order to have the best selection available.
Plan ahead so you can have the landscape of your dreams. Be patient—warmer days will be here before you know it!